- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these terms first. Your privacy matters to Boxx so whether you are new to Boxx or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which browser you use to view our site to help improve your experience.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, signing up for our mailing list. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information like your name, email address, and zip code.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device information: We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model or operating system version).
- Log information: When you use our services or view content provided by Boxx, we may automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- device event information such as crashes, site activity, hardware, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Location information: When you use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers: We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit Boxx, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, and to develop new ones. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Boxx unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- For legal reasons: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Boxx if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Boxx, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our site.
We work hard to protect Boxx and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Boxx employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.