History of Boxing, Latest News and Upcoming Fights
Boxing Is Not All About How Hard You Hit
Welcome to Boxxmagazine, a site that gives you the latest updates of all boxing news online.
Boxx magazineLatestboxing news online:
- The experts predict about Daniel Dubois (11-0, 10KOs) vs Nathan Gorman (16-0, 11KOs) fight at the boxing night in The O2, in London on July 13th, 2019, Saturday. History of boxing.
- Manny Pacquiao to face Keith Thurman this July, still not official.
- 31 years old boxing champion, Kelvin Bilal Fawaz, arrested for no reason
- The Madison Square Garden fight between Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz , New York on June 1, 2019.
History of boxing
Boxing as a sport dates back to 3rd century BC in Egypt which had been introduced to Greeks in 7th century BC in the ancient Olympic games. The history of amateur boxing is comparatively new from 1880 in England. It made its debut in modern Olympics in St Louis in 1904.
- Muhammad Ali (1942 –201): an American boxer nicknamed as “The Greatest” is one of the greatest heavyweight boxers of the 20th century and all times.
- Sugar Ray Robinson(1921 –1989): an American professional welterweight and middleweight boxer, was active between 1940 to 1965. Entered Boxing International Hall of Fame in 1990. He was ranked 2nd in the list of “80 Best Fighters of the Last 80 Years” by The Ring’s Magazine in 2002.
- Rocco Francis Marchegiano (1923 –1969): American heavyweight professional boxer, active between 1947 to 1955, held world heavyweight title continuously from 1952 to 1956.
- Michael Gerard Tyson (1966- present): American heavyweight boxer, active between 1985 to 2005. At the age of 20, he became the youngest boxer to win a heavyweight title.
World Boxing Matches That Made History
The Boxx magazine in its latest boxing news online reports the most remarkable fights in the boxing history were:
- Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali’s fight in Madison Square Garden, March 8, 1971
- Joe Louis vs Max Schmeling at Yankee Stadium, June 22, 1938
- George Foreman and Muhammad Ali;’s fight in Kinshasa, Zaire, on Oct. 30, 1974.
Today, boxing as a sport has evolved. It is one of the most popular sport and attracts betting among viewers all over the world. One can try betting through some sports sites or sports betting can be done through mobile casinos that offer casino bonus to start sports betting on your favorite sport and make some real money. These latest legal casinos offer casino bonus that doesn’t let you invest any money out of your pocket to make some real money. Other than sports betting, you can also try playing the casino games in these online casinos, where the legal casinos offer a casino bonus for you to win real money. These casino games can be played for free in the online casinos. So try your luck over these online casinos, through mobile casino apps, and don’t worry, they are absolutely legal casinos.
Weight Classes In Boxing
Boxx magazine in its latest boxing news online states that there were traditionally 8 weight classes for men which was increased to 17 by major boxing organizations in 2015. They are:
- 48 kg Minimumweight
- 49 kg Light flyweight
- 51 kg Flyweight
- 52 kg Super flyweight
- 53.5 kg Bantamweight
- 55 kg Super bantamweight
- 57 kg Featherweight
- 59 kg Super featherweight
- 61 kg The lightweight
- 63.5 kg The super lightweight
- 67 kg Welterweight
- 70 kg Super welterweight
- 72.5 kg The middleweight
- 76 kg The super middleweight
- 79 kg The light heavyweight
- 91 kg Cruiserweight
- Heavyweight, unlimited
Upcoming News Scores For The Latest Matches
The boxing news online and Boxx magazine report the following latest upcoming boxing matches:
- May 11, Tucson Arena, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Miguel Berchelt vs Francisco Vargas (WBC Super-Featherweight )
- May 17, Ulster Hall, Belfast, UK – MTK Global
Ryan Burnett vs Jelbirt Gomera (Super-Bantamweight)
- May 18, SSE Hydro Arena, Glasgow, UK – World Boxing Super Series Semi-Final
Josh Taylor vs Ivan Baranchyk (IBF Super-Lightweight)
- May 18, Lamex Stadium, Stevenage FC, UK – Frank Warren’s Queensberry
Billy Joe Saunders vs Shefat Isufi (WBO Super-Middleweight )
- May 25, Victoria Warehouse, Manchester UK – Mick Hennessy’s Hennessy Sports
Hughie Fury vs Opponent TBC (Heavyweight)